Friday, November 18, 2011

Have you been to the Brooklyn Children's Museum? Forget anything Manhattan for children. Come to Brooklyn. It's generally quiet and so fun!

I kept getting gasps of delight with "Mom, look at this!" and "Awesome!"

The third Thursday is free as is the first full weekend of the month--but not for school groups.


They had the fake garden for the children to practice planting and picking vegetables.

We they went down to the sand box and played. We visited Fantasia the snake (the BCM mascot) outside her display--she's gigantic,


played with the tangram pieces, and build a bug.


But the winning part of the experience --this time-- was BCM's very own Spumoni Gardens.  
The kids had  a glorious time playing waiter, cook, cashier, etc. My favorite kid comments then were:
"May I get your order, Madam?" and "Here's your drink. You'll have to share. Share your pizza too." and "Mom, pay me for the food."
The kidlets had a fabulous vespa-ish experience.
For the 5 and under crowd is the totally tots department, which we did not visit (grudgingly from my over-five-ers).  It looked amazing!

I'll be honest, it was really nice to stop myself from saying "No!" every few minutes.  This is the universal "Yes, go ahead and play with that" place.

When I got home and was getting my youngest (age 3) ready for bed he said, "Mom, Now can we go back to the museum?"  Then tonight he told my husband, "Dad, I want to go the museum." Looks like we will be going back another time to the BCM.

No comments: